Sunday, January 24, 2010

A Bright Pink For A Grey Day

I love being Canadian for a variety of different reasons. I love our beautiful landscapes,our mosaic of different ethnicities and cultures, the fact that we've adopted the British way of spelling certain words
 (i.e. grey,colour,favourite,and centre.) I love hockey,Tim Horton's, maple syrup, MAC cosmetics (wordwide,but originated in Canada) and universal healthcare (thank you Tommy Douglas!)
 What I do not love about being Canadian is the weather. For at least 5 months out of the year it's just miserable. And grey. Fun.

However,there's nothing like a bright pink polish to add some "pop" to an otherwise dreary day.
The pink I've decided to feature is Punk Rock Pink by BB Couture. It's a screamingly bright neon with shimmer. My camera and I are on the outs again,so these slightly blurry pictures are the best I could come up with.


outdoors in overcast light.of course.


The polish applied very smoothly. I used only two coats and no topcoat, yet it still dried to a glossy finish. I love non-matte neons <3



I know neon pink isn't technically a winter colour,but I've been wearing a lot of vampies lately and I wanted to wear something fun. Besides, I never abide by the rules of cosmetic colour seasons. Expect a lot of vampies this summer ;)

That's all I have for today. Thanks for stopping by!

Ginger-who only has one post left before I unveil my nubbins *sadface*

8 comments:

  1. What a beautiful color! There is no way to feal dreary wearing that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A non matte neon? Well, that's a shocker. I love when you feature BB Coutures. As you know, I'm plotting an order! Haha.
    The reasons you love being Canadian are all reasons I'd like to be one - with the exception of the MAC thing, as I'm not really a fan of MAC. I regularly get pelted for saying this, but it's okay, I don't mind.
    Did I say I LOVE this on you? Because I do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never seen a no-matte neon, so seeing this on you is definitely a treat. It's a beautiful color. I'm with you...wear any color you want to where whenever you want to wear it. Brighten up your day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely pink. So pretty on you. I still haven't got around to ordering any BB Coutures...yikes...whats wrong with me...lol! I had a guy friend who was from Toronto back in highschool. He and his parents were what we call snowbirds in Florida. They would come for almost half a year in the winter time. Anyway...I learned a lot about Canada because of him. And when I was 19 I went to Montreal for a trip in the summer. That was fantastic! I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Evil Angel-Nope! It's so bright and cheerful I just love wearing it. What a perfect neon pink!

    Nicole-Thank you :)I was surprised too. I painted it on,fully expecting the finish to turn matte,but it didn't. I have such a hard time picking things out on their site! Just when I think I'm done I see another colour that I want. Also, I don't fault you for hating MAC, they are definitely not everyone's cuppa tea. It took me years to get used to the sticky-icky texture of their Lipglass.But I do like the scent of their lipsticks.

    PBG-Thank you! This is definitely a first. And I love the wear what you want,when you want philosophy. It allows for more freedom of choice. Besides, We all could use a little brightness on those gloomy days :)

    Velvet-Thank you Velvet! I have so many brands I haven't tried yet it's crazy! I do recommend these though. Well worth the price :) Montreal is probably my favourite Canadian city. It's beautiful,and chic,and very European in atmosphere. I haven't visited in a while,but it's an amazing place.

    P.S. I'm friends with two snowbirds who have a house in Florida! I always joke that they should take me with them sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  6. One polish I don't own from BB Couture! It's a gorgeous shade on you. Of course I've seen many films and scenery of Canada and it's beautiful. I just can't wait for the Olympics and I'll be seeing more of it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I read every comment but I'm not always able to respond to them. I hope you don't mind. Also, don't link-spam. I delete link-spam.
Best Regards, Ginger

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails