Thursday, December 17, 2009

This Revvvolution Will Not Be Televised

It will however,be blogged about. This colour made it into my top 20 after OPI decided that My Private Jet  wasn't good enough as a charcoal-based holo, and then proceeded to change the colour several times. As if we wouldn't notice. As it stands,I love both the old and the new MPJ. I'm just disappointed because I can no longer get my hands on the original. Whatever, Color Club Revvvolution is even more beautiful than old MPJ.
There,I've said it.


Two indoor pictures because it is -10 degrees Celsius outside!



The title of this post is a play on the poem by writer and activist Gil Scott-Heron. My mother was the one who introduced me to his work,and I have been a fan ever since.  Artists who use the platform of music and literature to raise awareness about issues have my utmost respect. Oscar Wilde once said that "All art is useless", but I disagree. Some art has the ability to change lives.

Anyway,here's a clip of The Revolution Will Not Be Televised by Gil Scott-Heron. I thought it would be (somewhat) appropriate.
Enjoy!



Hugs :))
Ginger-who has activism in my blood thanks to my feminist mother and (former) communist father.



5 comments:

  1. Holy hotness Revvvolution looks amazing on you! I too have bumped MPJ down for the love of Revvvolution, Go Color Club!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow I just love CC polishes, and this one is so amazing!wish we could have them here though:) your manicure is great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! It reminds me that I should have purchased original MPJ when I had the chance but this works nicely!

    Thanks for sharing the poem. I was relieved to find that I can still recite it without missing a beat. And it's been YEARS since I last did.

    You realize that this is like reason 45.765 why I love you so, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that shade on you. I haven't heard Gil Scott Heron in years. I only know one song by him, Johannesburg. Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Evil Angel-Thank you :) Color Club is AWESOME! I just wish I could buy them here.

    KONADomania-Thank you :) CC is a great brand! The only way I can get them here is if I order them from ebay,which, can either be a good thing or a bad one depending on who the seller is.

    Lambchop-This is a great alternative if you don't have the original :) and You can recite the whole poem from memory? Impressive! Gil Scott-Heron is one of my favourite poets,so I just wanted to share him with all of you.
    P.S. Love you too <3

    Lucy-Thank you :) He is awesome.I love his work <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I read every comment but I'm not always able to respond to them. I hope you don't mind. Also, don't link-spam. I delete link-spam.
Best Regards, Ginger

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails