Monday, December 21, 2009

It's Christmas Week!!!!!

Ok,I give up. I'm totally into Christmas now! While I'm not decking the halls just yet,I am deciding to embrace the season for what it is; a time to eat,spend time with my family, and be merry. To honor my rediscovered Christmas spirit, this week will be dominated by Christmas-themed manis. I'll only be swatching polishes that are green,red,gold,silver,or burgundy. I promise it won't be boring.

Today's colour is... green!


 Nicole by OPI Faux Fir
I like this green because it is different from the others in my stash.It's slightly frosty,slightly shimmery and is a bit more blue in real life than it is in pictures. Another great thing? This is just 2 coats! The only thing I didn't like is the bottle,which is oddly shaped and difficult to store. I hate them.

indoors with flash

 
indoors no flash


China Glaze Paper Chasing

I went a bit oddball with this selection.Technically this is a summer colour, (released as a part of China Glaze's Kicks collection). But I don't follow colour seasons so I'm making it a winter one. It's a vibrant astro-turf green that should off-set any red nicely. The only problem with this one is the opacity,I still had visible nail lines at 3 coats. Bah!

indoors with flash

indoors no flash



And if you have 10 minutes to kill you can watch this video featuring one of the most elaborately decorated houses I have ever seen. I shudder to think what their electric bill is.




Merry Christmas!

Ginger-who actually has a Christmas tree now! I'll be leaving it up until February :)

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous colors! Both look amazing on you and compliment your skin tone so beautifully.
    Looking forward to seeing your next installments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love both of the greens. I'm happy that your embracing the season. I will be looking forward to nothing buy Christmas manicures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lambchop-Aww! Thank you :D

    Gilded Angel-They're great aren't they? I love green :)

    Lucy-Greens are awesome. I love seeing festive manicures,they're all so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I read every comment but I'm not always able to respond to them. I hope you don't mind. Also, don't link-spam. I delete link-spam.
Best Regards, Ginger

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails