Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Christmas Week:Red

Helloooo!
Today's Christmas colour is...Red! I love the colour red with an all-consuming passion. In my opinion OPI is the grand master of reds, but China Glaze is giving them a serious run for their money (Ruby Pumps anyone? or do you prefer Stroll?) I have loads of red in my stash but these two are my current favourites:

China Glaze Thunderbird

 Thunderbird was released as a part of the Retro Diva Collection. It is a gloriously stunning scarlet red shimmer with a glowy "lit from within" look. As Nuni would say, Very nice :)


indoors with flash

...and indoors with flash (just because I like this picture)





OPI Don't Toy With Me!

My other selection was released last year as a part of OPI's Holiday in Toyland collection. It's a lovely deep magenta with tons of micro-glitter. I waited over a year to get my hands on this! The only way I could get it was to order it in a set with its garishly bright "matching" lipstick (thanks Transdesign) Neither of these pictures are what I would call true to life-it's much darker in person. Beautiful.


indoors with flash


indoors no flash (blurry to show the glitter)



And for yor listening enjoyment....A Cartoon Bollywood version of Jingle Bells!

only because I love this version and loathe the one by Barbra Streisand. Yuck.



That's all folks! I hope you enjoyed it :)

Ginger-who has finally made a dent in her Christmas shopping!Now all I have to do is pick out a present for my brother Biscuit a.k.a "Did you save the receipt?"  This should be fun *sarcasm*

6 comments:

  1. Both very pretty! Thunderbird really stands out though, a fantastic red. Happy Holidays to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Thunderbird on you, it is stunning! You almost make me want to slap on some red polish right now. (But I'm wearing a super nice neon that I Konaded.)

    Big hugs, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are both stunning reds on you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember how much you love Thunderbird! I have a couple from that OPI collection I want and mean to get...eventually! They're so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is there anything that looks bad on you? All three look lovely. I'm wearing OPI's Thrill Of Brazil. I love this red. Thunderbird looks really awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mary-Thank you :) Retro Diva was a fantastic collection,especially the reds and purples. Happy Holidays to you and yours <3

    Lambchop-Thank you :) and a neon Konad sounds fun!

    Gilded Angel-Thank you :)

    Nicole-It really is one of my favourite reds! and I really liked the Holiday in Toyland collection,I have at least 5 (hint they're all red!),with more on my ever-growing list ;) You'd love this one :)

    Lucy-Haha! I don't know,if there is I haven't found it yet ;) Thank you for the lovely compliment :) and Thrill of Brazil? gorgeous colour, it's definitely on my list.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I read every comment but I'm not always able to respond to them. I hope you don't mind. Also, don't link-spam. I delete link-spam.
Best Regards, Ginger

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails