Sunday, November 15, 2009

Sally Hansen Project Runway Collection: American Beauty

Hello Everyone! All this week I'm going to be featuring colours from Sally Hansen's Project Runway collection.As far as I know,these are only available in Canada and in limited release in the U.S.
For my first swatch I wanted to feature the colour I was least enthusiastic about buying. American Beauty is a shimmery red-violet (I'll call it mulberry),that is reminiscent of colours like OPI's Overexposed in South Beach and Orly's Happily Ever After.I'm convinced that this is a dupe of at least one of those colours,but I'm still glad I bought it.It's not the as spectacular as some of the other shades in this collection,but it's pretty enough.



Pictures!


top picture indoors without flash,bottom picture indoors with flash.



The formula on these is pretty good, a tad on the runny side, but good.I only used two coats for all of the swatches and it did not affect opacity at all.

*Permission to sound like a geek for a second*

Project Runway is one of my favourite reality shows.I love the American version for one reason: Tim Gunn.He is so good at constructive criticism that he should be the one to teach people how to do it properly.Plus, he is always sharply dressed. The Canadian version has one of my favourite supermodels of all time,Iman, as the host.She exudes elegance and poise and her husband is a rock legend. Heidi Klum and Seal are both fantastic,but they don't hold a candle to Iman and David Bowie.
*geek portion over*

Anyway,I'm happy that Canada has something to call it's own for once. I don't have any access to Color Club or Zoya here,OPI is exorbitantly priced unless you go to a beauty supply store,and China Glaze is accessible,but the latest colours are always hard to find. These on the other hand? I got at the drugstore for $6.95 each.That is a very good thing.

I hope you all have a happy Sunday!
xoxo
Pinkginger-who is smarter than the average bear :)

6 comments:

  1. I swapped with a Canadian friend to get this several of these (I'm in the US) but skipped this color. There are so many berry-red colors, I just wasn't interested! But it does look pretty on you, so that's great that you liked it. The one that seems the most unique to me is the green one: Project Runway. I love purples and blues, so I also got Purple Heart and Fashion Forward. I agree that application was a little challenging, but not too bad.
    --ggs

    ReplyDelete
  2. great, cannot wait to see your swatches! although these polishes are too far away for me:( love the colour of this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. waaait its been spotted in the US?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pearlbailey-Thank You! Project Runway is my favourite :)

    Konadomania-Thank You :)

    Adrienne-I don't remember where I saw it,but I read that some of the colours have been spotted in certain States,but they are,as always very hard to find.

    Gilded Angel-Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a beautiful shade on you. Wow is all I can say. I also adore Tim Gunn!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I read every comment but I'm not always able to respond to them. I hope you don't mind. Also, don't link-spam. I delete link-spam.
Best Regards, Ginger

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails