Thursday, November 26, 2009

Konad!

Hello All!
I'm sorry I've been M.I.A. for the past couple of days.Normally I have a few posts scheduled so I can update everyday without having to worry about writing them.Unfortunately,I work in retail and we are currently in our busiest-not to mention most grouchy-season.I don't know what it is about Christmas that brings out the worst in people.The last time I checked it was supposed to be a season to be spent showing love to our nearest and dearest.So far the only people I've seen are greedy,entitled and full of "bah-humbug".It's really sad. 
Anyway,I haven't had time to post because as soon as my head hits anything resembling a pillow,I'm out like a rock.Whatever that means.

 I did have time to play with my Konad kits though.The first swatch is one that I've entitled "Splat!" I wanted it to look like my nails ended up on the wrong end of a paintball gun,and I think I've done pretty well.
To create this look I used plate M21,with China Glaze Caribbean Blue as a base and Konad special polishes in Black Pearl,Pink,and Gold (didn't show up as well as I thought it would) and Princess polish in Psyche Pink. You can enlarge if you'd like,but please disregard the state of my cuticles.I haven't had any time to pamper them :(


The second look is and experiment to see how a stamp would look against a pure glitter base. I used stamps M31 and M40,over 1 coat of Zoya Astra and 2 coats of Color Club Magic Attraction.I'm disappointed with how all the pictures turned out because this mani is much more "glitter-bomb-ish" in person.My digital camera hates me.



I hope you are all having a good week! I have a (much deserved) day off tomorrow.I have no idea what I'm going to do with it and I like it that way.

Have an awesome day!
Ginger-who doesn't understand the hoopla surrounding Adam Lambert. I suppose it would've helped if I'd watched the show.

5 comments:

  1. That mani is so cute! I agree that the holidays can bring out the worst in people!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the Splat! mani...it's a lot like one I did a month or two ago, but I used a red base and black and silver stamping colors. Seems you're really getting into Konad...yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the first one. Looks very good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love both manicures. I think your glitter manicure turned out really pretty. Your splat manicure is really cute. I've been off the blogs for quite awhile playing Smart Paintball on the computer. It's very addicting and since I'm crazy like that I've been playing round the clock.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gilded Angel-Thank you! I think it's sad that people are so nasty this time of year.Where's the love?

    Shayla-I'm addicted to Konad!I like your interpretation better,it's more vampy.

    Amarena-Thank you :)

    Lucy-Thank you:) Computer games are so bad! I have one that I installed for my nephew called Purble Palace that I am obsessed with,and it's a kid's game! I can't stop.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I read every comment but I'm not always able to respond to them. I hope you don't mind. Also, don't link-spam. I delete link-spam.
Best Regards, Ginger

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails