Saturday, November 21, 2009

Konad and a Cute Little Darth Vader

Hello Beautiful People!
This is a Konadicure I did a few days ago.I am sloowly getting used to stamping,and thought I'd try a red creme over a neon to see what the results would be.You'd think someone who took colour theory in college would remember that Red+Green=Brown, but, apparently not. In my head I saw a bright red pattern against a neon green background.This is not what I got.Oddly enough,I'm still pleased with the results. I'm not as impatient with the stamp,so all of the pattern transferred without mistakes-thank God for small victories!
I chose this colour scheme for two reasons; A) Red and Green are complimentary colours,and B) I vehemently refuse to let go of summer.
To create this look I used plate M51,with China Glaze Turned Up Turquoise as a base and OPI Quarter of a Cent-Cherry for the pattern.


*pardon my nubbins* I was a little overzealous with the nail file :)




...And this is the aforementioned cute Darth Vader,a.k.a. my niece Nuni. I used to be one of those curmudgeons who would shoot parents dirty looks if their toddler dared to act up in my presence.
*hangs head in shame*
Fortunately,all of that changed when my nephew, (and Nuni's big brother) Moody was born.I went from being anti-kid to kid-champion.They are truly the lights of my life :) This picture was snapped a week before Halloween.Moody was deciding whether he wanted to be a Ninja or Darth,when Nuni put on his mask and started growling at us.

What an adorable little weirdo.


Grrrrrrrrrrrr!

Have a wonderful day!
Ginger-who impressed with how adept Nuni is at opening nail polish bottles.This is all my fault.

7 comments:

  1. That mani is so cute, and so is Nuni!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your mani it looks so artistic!And your niece is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a regular pro stamper now aren't you, it looks fabulous!
    Darth Vader is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is so pretty..i love the color combi..plus the darth vader is very cute.. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Katie and Gilded Angel-Thank you :)

    Evil Angel-Thank you so much :) She's been converting my family to "the dark side" since she was born ;)

    Thriszha- Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your manicure. Love the swirly pattern. What an adorable Darth Vadar.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Lucy :) I love konad stamping and this Darth is my favourite <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I read every comment but I'm not always able to respond to them. I hope you don't mind. Also, don't link-spam. I delete link-spam.
Best Regards, Ginger

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails