Sunday, October 25, 2009

OPI My Private Jet(s)

Hello Ladies! The "s"  isn't a typo.I have  in my possession two versions of OPI's My Private Jet.The first one pictured is the new version. It has a dusky purple base with holo micro glitter and a flash of teal.I'm calling it "impostor MPJ" because in my opinion, that's what it is.I remember how disappointed I was when this arrived. I  initially ordered it because my local beauty supply store stopped selling it and I needed a back-up for my old bottle.Unfortunately,that isn't what I got. I HATE when companies do this! It's as if they think we won't notice that our favourite polish has changed colour all of the sudden. I shake my fist at you OPI!

both photos indoors with flash


gorgeous colour-just not what I was expecting.



Now,this is the My Private Jet that I know and love! I has a black jelly base with even more holo micro-glitter.I fell in love with it after seeing it in a beauty supply outlet. I love holos, and this was the perfect combination of edgy and pretty.For some reason,OPI decided to discontinue this version (surprise,surprise) and then they made the odd choice of creating several different formulations (there are at least 3 that I know of). I don't get it. Why fix something that isn't broken?


3 coats on all except my index finger-I added a 4th coat because I smudged it.Didn't know the 1 coat would make that much of a difference.Oops.


In order to fulfill my black/grey holo needs, I purchased a bottle of Color Club's Revvvolution,and I must admit I like it a lot better.The holo is more obvious and the glitter particles are  smaller and more densely packed. (does that sentence even make sense? Hm.) I've also seen swatches of Diamond Cosmetics' Chainmail Charm (awesome name <3).Unfortunately for me,they don't ship to Canada so I won't be able to add it to my collection.Fiddlesticks.

Do any of you have My Private Jet? If so,which version? and how do you think it compares to the original?
In my humble opinion they are all pretty shades,but, the true MPJ is a holo and it should have stayed holo.

That's all I have for today.If this post sounds a little incoherent and scattered,it's because I'm writing this at 2 am. Insomnia is fun.

Have a happy Sunday ladies!

Pinkginger-who is planning to spam you all with posts this week! *diabolical laughter*

6 comments:

  1. OPI is notorious for that. That was no good for me when they did that with Bubble Bath. I was working at a beauty supply and I had many angry nail techs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the comparison! I own the non-holo version and I really wish that I could get my hands on the holo one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this, but I'm not really sure what version I have. I love it, but haven't worn it for a while...I may have to dig it out soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've got the ugly brown version of it- strange, that you've got a purple-ish version. when I ordered mine, i hoped it would be the black holo one but it wasn't :( and well, living in europe even minimizes the chance on getting the black holo-version :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this polish in every single version. Too bad I don't own one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well that really stinks. I don't have either polish. I would certainly would want the holo version. What is the matter wiht those people. Think we don't notice those things do they! I enlarged both versions. Who wouldn't be mad by not getting the holo version. Looks gorgeous on you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I read every comment but I'm not always able to respond to them. I hope you don't mind. Also, don't link-spam. I delete link-spam.
Best Regards, Ginger

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails