Sunday, October 18, 2009

Old School:Cutex Wave

For my Old School pick I decided to go with a purple duochrome that I purchased 15 years ago. Cutex is a Ye Olde polish brand that has been discontinued for at least 12 years,possibly more.If memory serves me correctly,Cutex was one of the first nail polish brands ever.Their print ads from the 20's and 30's are collector's items,and for that matter,so is their nailpolish.I wouldn't even consider them HTF's, more like damn near impossible, but brands like this do have a tendency to turn up in dollar stores so there's still  a faint glimmer of hope. When I initially bought this,there was an abundance of Cutex polish.I liked them because they offered an excellent array of colours and were reasonably priced-a bonus-seeing as how I was on an allowance at the time.
This colour caught my eye because of it's obvious duochrome effect. The polish base is plum,but it also has flashes of amber,gold,and pink.I love this colour,which is why I hardly ever wear it.When I tried it on this evening,I was pleased to find that the formula was well-preserved.It didn't seperate,it wasn't goopy or runny.Basically,it was just like new.

Pictures!

both indoors with flash

indoors under lamp



For some reason I always love the colours that are destined to be extinct, (helloo OPI Rainforest?).I have to conserve my Cutex polishes because I know with absolute certainty that I won't be able to get them again.I just wish I'd done the same with my old OPI's.

That's all I have for today,I've been under the weather for the past couple of days,so I'm trying to limit my time spent out of bed. Have a wonderful day ladies!

Pinkginger-who is still stalking Wal-Mart to see if they have Hard Candy nailpolish-yet another great brand that was discontinued.

3 comments:

  1. That is such a great color! Looks so nice on you, you totally rock the purples!

    BTW, you have been tagged! Deets on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to a Wal-Mart last night and there was no Hard Candy nail polish! I was heartbroken. Made a sulky face and everything.

    I'd love to see more swatches of this historical brand, Cutex! It's so awesome that you actually have some. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lambchop-Thanks hon! I love purple with a passion :) and thanks for the tag! I love doing these!

    PBG-I haven't found any at thw Wal-Marts where I live either *sad face* I hope you find them soon :) I still have a few more Cutex polishes in my stash,I wish I bought more .

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I read every comment but I'm not always able to respond to them. I hope you don't mind. Also, don't link-spam. I delete link-spam.
Best Regards, Ginger

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails