Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Mystery Solved!!!

A few months ago,I purchased a beautiful purple vampy by OPI.The only problem? The names had been peeled off of EVERY BOTTLE IN THE DISPLAY! So I had no idea what colour it was. In my heart of hearts I was hoping it was Black Tie Optional,but I couldn't confirm it.So I asked all of my fellow bloggers for help (click here to view the original post). I even asked the people on MUA (I'm hardly ever on it,but my name is Ginger31 in case you're wondering).Finally,Nicole (my hero!) showed me Polish Mayhem's blog post via twitter and I can now confirm that the amazingly gorgeous purple vampy with green and amber flashes is,in fact,the long-discontinued and VHTF Black Tie Optional.And it's being sold at my local drugstore for $9 bucks a bottle.I saw at least six bottles the last time I was there,but I had to restrain myself from buying all of them. It's better to share :)

Pictures!


indoors with flash
indoors with flash under lamp (you can see the silver specks of glitter in this one!)
and the green-amber flashes in this one
it looks a bit more amber in this picture <333
                                      Hey, How YOU doin'?

The best part about this little adventure is that I didn't have to buy it on ebay. I occasionally use ebay to buy brands that are hard to find here,but I refuse to spend more than $30 on nailpolish unless it's a snazzy brand like Chanel-and that's only if I am absolutely in love with the colour. In order to buy this,I would have had to spend $20.00 plus shipping! To rural Canada! that's a price I'm not willing to pay. Needless to say,I am so psyched that I have this colour! I have wanted it for years,and all this time it has been right under my nose.It pays to be observant.

That's all for today!
Have a great day <3
Pinkginger-who is wondering if OPI does this with all of their discontinued colours.If so,should I bother looking for Vampire State Building?

4 comments:

  1. such an amazing colour, perfect on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo! That is a lovely color on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is stunning! So how amazing is it that you found one of the ridiculously HTFs in the local drugstore? I would be on a high from that all week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. KONADomania and Gilded-Thank you for the lovely compliments! <333

    Lambchop-Thank you! I freaked out when I saw it and spent the rest of the week bragging to anyone who would listen.As it turns out,most people weren't as excited as I was :P

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I read every comment but I'm not always able to respond to them. I hope you don't mind. Also, don't link-spam. I delete link-spam.
Best Regards, Ginger

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails