Wednesday, September 2, 2009

NOTD:OPI DS Dazzle

I have made it my personal goal to own every colour in OPI's Designer Series.The very first one I purchased was DS Dazzle.For 2 years it was the 'sacred cow' of my collection.And then I dropped it on a ceramic floor,losing all but a quarter of the polish,(I saved it by pouring the remains in an old bottle of Dressed to Empress).I didn't think I would find it again until I checked Avenue You a few months ago .They have most of the colours in the designer series available to order-even the discontinued ones. DS Dazzle one of the non-holos (it's more of a glass-fleck),but that's not an issue for me.I adore this colour because it's so unbelievably stunning to look at.

I took all the pictures in natural light because this colour was tailor-made to shine! I used 3 coats with no base or topcoat.




oooooooh! ahhhhhhhhh!




Blurred to show the "blinginess"


The only complaint I have about this series would be the names (can you say boring?) One of my favourite things about OPI is the punny names they come up with-like Kinky In Helsinki for example.I might be dating myself a bit,but names like Dazzle,Sensation and Jewel sound like characters from "Jem".For those of you who don't know what the heck I'm babbling about (be honest half the time you're wondering why I can't just shut up!) ,Jem was a cartoon from the 80's. I loved it with a capital L, when I was a little one. I've included a clip just so you have a frame of reference.

I am such a dork.But you all already knew that didn't you ;)
Pinkginger-who was always rooting for the Misfits!












8 comments:

  1. I want all of these also. All the China Glaze holos I want to own them. I just love the beautiful shimmer, shine and colors they throw out at you. Your nails look gorgeous my crazy friend! How about some lovely nails on Bugs Bunny when he's in drag? Love the cartoon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Lucy <3 I want all of the China Glazes as well they're so beautiful. I remember Bugs Bunny in drag! He was a pretty girl :) and I just had to include this clip it reminds me of my younger days :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, it's gorgeous! It looks utterly fantastic on you. And Oh. My. Goodness. Will you STOP enabling me! I haven't heard that site but it's going in my bookmarks now, as I want that WHOLE SERIES too, as well as the whole China Glaze series. Haha, of course, I'm not serious about the enabling, love it. ;) Want to talk about dating oneself? I was too old to truly appreciate Jem. Yeahhhhhh. o_O

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Nicole <3 Lol! We all enable each other don't we? ;) and I wouldn't have it any other way. I still love Jem-even though I'm almost 30. Yeah,I'm not a dork at all... :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for commenting on my blog. Your nails look great and it allowed me to find your great blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Pam :) I love nail art even though I don't have the patience to try it.Your blog is great btw!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I could own all the DS's too, aaah! I also own one that isn't a holo, after intial disappointment I ended up liking the color. This one is gorgeous, I love pink!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I read every comment but I'm not always able to respond to them. I hope you don't mind. Also, don't link-spam. I delete link-spam.
Best Regards, Ginger

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails