Sunday, September 6, 2009

NOTD:CND Trust Fund

This is one of my Ebay finds, a beautiful golden bronze by Creative Nail Design. It's unlike any of the other golds I own.It reminds me of this brass urn my mother has.When I was a kid I always used to bang at it with other metal objects because I really liked the clanging sound it made. Then my mother hid it from me and it did not reappear until I reached my teens.Smart woman,my mother. Anyway,enough about my weird childhood activities,back to the polish.In the pictures it looks like a brassy dark gold,but in real life it has more of an olive tone.Very pretty.

                            both photos indoors with flash

This is a glass cube with a bird etched in inside.It's part of a centerpiece on my dining room table.Don't ask me why I felt the need to include that. Moving on.

In this pic you can really see the shimmer.A lot of golds look really frosty in pictures (and we all know how much I "love" frost).But Trust Fund is a true shimmer.Lovely.





I had never used CND until recently, (back then I was an OPI snob), so I missed this colour when it was first released.Normally,I go for more yellowish-golds,but this variation is quite stunning.I have to admit I was a little disappointed when it arrived because it wasn't the type of gold that I'm used to (like I said,it doesn't photograph true to life).Now,it's one of my favourites.


Well,That's about all I have for today I hope you all have a great long weekend

Love,
Pinkginger-who was recently told by her coworker that I'm snarky.I wonder how he came to that conclusion?

2 comments:

  1. I wanted to say that about you also. I didn't think you would mind too much but then I changed my mind. I love your snarky humor! You are becoming one of my favorite bloggers. I'm also adding you to my list of people who's blogs I check first. Love that color on you. Gold has so many shades. It's hard to find a perfect one. I must have about 8 or so golds. Each one is different. It looks pretty on you. I also love the quotes of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow,thanks Lucy :) that is a HUGE compliment! I prefer to use my snark for good rather than evil. It can't be helped really ;)I have been looking for the perfect gold for years.I have many that are close,but they each have something special that I like about them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I read every comment but I'm not always able to respond to them. I hope you don't mind. Also, don't link-spam. I delete link-spam.
Best Regards, Ginger

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails