Friday, September 11, 2009

NOTD:China Glaze Tempest

Ask a word dot com defines the word tempest as "any violent tumult or commotion" or "storm" (noun).The only things I think of when I hear this word are: A) A play I had to read in high school that I didn't understand,and B) The real name of the actress who played Vanessa on The Cosby Show.That is,until I picked this beauty out on a recent trip to Sally Beauty Supply.This colour is part of China Glazes' core line and it is,in my humble opinion,an underrated stunner.I was immediately attracted to the bluish purple shimmer.I have no idea what to call this colour.It's either a purple with blue duochrome,or a blue with purple duochrome.I'm completely stumped.I am also awed by it's beauty and depth.You'll understand my confusion when you see the rest of the pictures.


Take a look,

you can see the duochrome-y shine in natural light


indoors with flash brings out the blue


indoors without flash it looks more purple


and outdoors in direct sun it's looking a little periwinkle-ish


See, I still don't know what the actual colour is.Blurple maybe? Help a sister out :) Just so you know as fantastic as this colour looks in pictures,it is twice as gorgeous in real life.The last 2 pictures were taken at work (man,i'm a slacker) and I stopped typing every so often to look at my nails.I am so glad I picked this one.

That is all I have for now, Have a great weekend!

Pinkginger-who actually got a lot of work done today ;)

4 comments:

  1. That's gorgeous. Based on the pics I'd say it has more blue, but I know how purples hardly ever photograph right. I love wearing polishes that distract me from work :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that is cool! I'd just break down and call it a duochrome. I dunno if that's what it really is, but that's what I think it is! Haha. It's going on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! I forget what color I was wearing and I kept stopping typing to look at my nails. My memory is going. I just saw Tempest Bledsoe when I was going around the dial the other day. I loved the Cosby show. I was so bummed when it went off the air. I also miss seeing Bill Cosby on TV with his comedy. He is so funny. My stomach would hurt from laughing so much when I watch his comedy. I used to have a friend who memorised his old comedy routines from records. She would repeat these routines before class began in high school. We would just crack up. Especially the Noah and the Ark routine. I haven't thought of that in years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nosaby-Thanks! It's more purple IRL but-shocker! the purple isn't that visible in pictures.And distracting colours are my favourite :)

    Nicole-Thanks!I'd have to agree with you there.

    Lucy-Thank you :) I'm not alone after all.I also loved the Cosby Show,and Bill Cosby.I like that he's so effortlessly funny.I was sad when his show went off the air.TV hasn't been the same since.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I read every comment but I'm not always able to respond to them. I hope you don't mind. Also, don't link-spam. I delete link-spam.
Best Regards, Ginger

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails