Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Franken:Drusilla

The inspiration for my latest is one of my favourite vampires of all time.For those of you who are unfamiliar with Buffy the Vampire Slayer,Drusilla is Spike's sire and soulmate.She's dark and depraved,and completely insane,but she didn't start out that way. Drusilla was originally a good,Catholic girl (aren't they all?*kidding*).She had an uncanny ability to predict the future, particularly if it was tragic, but her gift was rejected by her devout Christian family,who accused her of  practicing witchcraft.To appease them,(and to some degree,herself),she decided to become a nun.Unfortunately for Dru,an evil vampire named Angelus becomes obssessed with her.He sees her as the perfect example of innocence and kindness,and does everything in his power to destroy her including convincing her that she is the spawn of satan.After witnessing Angelus' torture and murder of her entire family, Drusilla flees to a convent in Prague where she prepares to take her final vows. Angelus finds the covent and kills every person inside before turning Dru into a vampire.Due to the trauma she suffered at the hands of Angelus,Drusilla goes completely mad.After years of traveling with Angelus and his sire Darla(the first fab four),Drucilla meets and sires William,(a.k.a. Spike) and the two of them have a love affair that lasts hundreds of years.Until she decides that Spike just isn't the badass vamp he used to be, and she leaves him for a fungus demon. The End.
To create the franken Dru.I used an a quarter bottle of OPI's La Boheme that had been thinned to within an inch of its life.I added a bottle of clear polish,mixed with MAC pigment in Kitschmas (a cool pale pink),I also added a few drops of SH Nail Prisms in Burgundy Orchid,and Nicole by OPI in Party at 3AM (a black jelly with purple and blue glass fleck) because I knew I wanted the colour to be dark with a little sparkle.One thing I love about Drusilla is that her nails are always impeccable.She usually rocks vampies (heh) with white tips,so I think this is definitely a colour she could wear.It looks more plummy here,but it's darker in person.
indoors with flash
blurred to show the shimmer!
outdoors no flash
Spike and Drusilla together again.Here they are in polish form.(man,i'm corny!)
and I would be remiss if I didn't include a clip of the gruesome twosome in action,Enjoy!
I'm going to end with a quote from the lady herself,providing some encouragement to her main man Spike,
"Oh I see you.A man surrounded by fools who cannot see his strength,his vision,his glory.That,and burning baby fish swimming all around your head".
*Crickets*
Yup,she's definitely bonkers.
Have a wonderful day!
Pinkginger-who is wondering why everyone on YT uses either Evanescence or Creed (ugh) music in fanvids? (no offense to anyone who likes Creed, but yuck)

5 comments:

  1. Wow! Seriously, wow. That's such a gorgeous franken!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you KNOW I love it!!!!!! Awesome polish and looove the inspiration. She is my favorite nutcase. I was just recently thinking that I should have called myself "Miss Edith" on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicole-Thanks! I knew you'd like it :)

    Nosaby-Thank you.Miss Edith is an excellent name! Although,she did creep me out a little :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your franken. Looks beautiful on your nails. I've never seen Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I don't know why I never watched it. This is the kind of thing I love. One of these days I'll have to get the DVD's to watch. You really know your characters.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for following my blog :) I was planning a future mani inspired by Dru, and came across this gorgeous franken entry. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I read every comment but I'm not always able to respond to them. I hope you don't mind. Also, don't link-spam. I delete link-spam.
Best Regards, Ginger

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails