Friday, August 21, 2009

Seriously,What Colour Is This?


I love discount shopping. Recently,my local drugstore began carrying some discontinued OPI shades (Hurrah!) This is great news for me,as I was a starving art student for a while(ok,a year-but it felt like longer-lol!) and was unable to purchase nailpolish in bulk like I am now.I missed out on a lot of great collections that have since been discontinued (next on my lemming list-Rainforest).Imagine my surprise when I walked into the cosmetics section and found a gorgeous,vampy eggplant shade with a greenish-amber duochrome effect.I rushed towards it and looked on the bottom of the bottle to see what colour it was.Except,the label had been ripped off.So I looked at the bottom of the next one.Still no label.I finally looked at the third and last bottle and was saddened to see that it was missing a label as well. I don't know about the rest of you,but for me part of the fun of buying OPI is reading whatever crazy name Suzi has come up with.This pretty,vampy duochrome has no name(i hate when they don't have a name!).The drugstore had replaced it with their own generic (and stupid) label! So I am left to pull a CSI and figure out what colour it is.I'm convinced that it's Black Tie Optional-but that's probably because I really,really,want it to be.I even held off buying it on ebay (something I never do as witnessed by my bottle of La Boheme!),because I was convinced that I could find it cheaper elsewhere.
Can any of you identify it?





indoors with flash





outdoors direct sun





outdoors direct sun





indoors with flash





outdoors with sunlight







I didn't catch it in any of my pictures,but in some lights it flashed amber or green.It's definitely a duochrome,but which freakin' one is it? Like I said,I might need some CSI help on this one.



Have a Nice Day!





Pinkginger-who just might come up with her own name if I can't figure this out :/

6 comments:

  1. That looks very much like BTO, I suppose you will not find out for sure unless you had a real bottle and swatch the two side by side. Either way, very pretty and a cool find!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, it does look like BTO, but you just never know! It's very beautiful though :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kae-It is beautiful!I may just have to bite the bullet and buy it from ebay *sigh* so I can compare the two.I'm still pretty psyched I found it though :)

    Mary-Thanks :) It is really hard to identify colours when you have nothing to compare them to. I am so miffed that the label was removed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stumped for you! I guess that is the only way you'll truly know. I would be SO irritated by this mystery :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you get the polish for a good price? Maybe that's why they take off the label. I used to get discount magazines that had the front cover cut in half. Very irritating but cheap.I have no idea about the color. Ask on the MUA board. They should know.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got it for about $10 (2 dollars less than I'd get it anywhere else)so that might explain it.I should check MUA,I always forget I'm a member!Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I read every comment but I'm not always able to respond to them. I hope you don't mind. Also, don't link-spam. I delete link-spam.
Best Regards, Ginger

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails