Tuesday, August 25, 2009

NOTD:OPI DS Divine and A Mini-Haul

Hello All,
First I'd like to thank all of you for your comforting words.It has been a difficult week thus far,but reading all of your comments today made me smile. I will get through this just fine,knowing I have the support of friends,family,and our little blog community.Speaking of which,my brother and his wife (who also happens to be my BFF) stopped by yesterday with the kids.After exchanging fond memories of Spring,we all decided it would be a good idea to leave the house for a while.So we packed up a van (with my mom and dad in tow ,7 people in total),and drove into town.My dad asked me if I wanted to go anywhere in particular and the only place I could think of was Sally Beauty Supply.My sister-in-law who is also a make-up junkie, came into the store with me.I didn't make it past the nailpolish section until my sister-in-law pulled me away,some friend she is *just joking*. I did manage to buy some non nail-related products and a Sally Discount card,so it was a good visit.We capped the day off by stopping for fish and chips,eating them in the van and going to my brothers' house for tea and cake. It was at once,the worst day of my life,and one of the best.



What I bought from left to right,Orly Glitz,Happily Ever After,and Enchanted Forest,Finger Paints Be A Pal-Atte,China Glaze Tempest and Purple Panic
My NOTD was OPI DS Divine.I absolutely love this collection! Every colour is stare-your-nails-gorgeous, even the non-holos like DS Fantasy.This is much darker than the Japanese version,but it is still a stunning shade of pink with tons of sparkle.I've been wearing it for 3 days now and I love it.It was a pretty foggy day so I couldn't get any outdoor pics.




Well,that's all for now.I was debating whether or not I should post anything today and came to the conclusion that doing something is better than wallowing.
Have a Great Week !
Pinkginger-who is comforted by the fact that my girls' final resting place is under her favourite tree :)

4 comments:

  1. I actually gasped and said "Wow" when I saw the DS Fantasy. I love it, I must have it. You slay me! I don't think I have either of those ChG polishes, and I skipped the purple Orly, I was on the fence about it because I have a couple of colors like that already. Really intrigued by Glitz, can't wait til you swatch it.
    I'm glad you had something to take your mind off of yesterday morning's traumatic loss. I thought about it all evening on and off. I'm glad you found her a great spot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicole-Oh,we are definitely bad for each other-in a good way ;)When I got the purple Orly home,I realized how much it looked like OPI's Overexposed in Miami(oops-I did it again!)I may have to do a comparison.I'll be swatching Glitz soon because I love gold and I have yet to feature it. And Spring would definitely approve of my choice for a resting place,I'll have to get my dad to plant some flowers there,seeing as how I can't garden :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to check if I had Fantasy and thankfully I do. It's such a gorgeous pink. I would like to own all the DS shades. Many are discontinued. Phooey! It will be nice when your Dad plants some nice flowers for Spring, Hope your doing well sweetie. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Lucy,I'm doing a lot better :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I read every comment but I'm not always able to respond to them. I hope you don't mind. Also, don't link-spam. I delete link-spam.
Best Regards, Ginger

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails