Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Ladies and Gentlemen...My First Franken!




OK technically this isn't my first franken.I've been doing it ever since I began my obsession with nailpolish,usually as a way to save half empty bottles from getting all gummy or layering a shade that looked kinda 'blah' on it's own.Only, back then I didn't know that what I was doing had a name.I love dark vampy shades and I've been looking for a good sparkly black for a while so I decided to make my own using Razzle Dazzler and On Nicole's Wishlist from Nicole by OPI,Violet Metal,Secrets, and Rose Opal by Sally Hansen,Turquoise by Naturistics,an ancient blue Wet and Wild that doesn't have a name,OPI Ink,and a few drops of Pink Pink by Sugar Baby (whew!).Once I was satisfied,I went about the task of naming my creation.I came up with all sorts of ideas (names of people I know,favorite heroines of literature,songs,fictional characters) but the only name that stuck was 'Apocalypse' (wow,that's cheery!)I think it's a pretty good fit.Overall I'm pleased with the colour,it turned out just as I expected and the best part is I don't own any colours like it.Awesome.




Not bad eh?






5 comments:

  1. That's a really cool color! You threw everything but the kitchen sink in there. LOL! I totally think that Apocalypse suits it, though it isn't cheery. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!I'm a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to colour mixing-I blame years of being a painter.Right after I took this picture I thought 'Should I add a red?'but then I came to my senses and realized that 9 shades was enough! I'm glad you like it though,morbid name and all :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Just gorgeous! Nice and vampy.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I read every comment but I'm not always able to respond to them. I hope you don't mind. Also, don't link-spam. I delete link-spam.
Best Regards, Ginger

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails