Sunday, August 2, 2009

Crazy About Purple or Just Plain Crazy

Hello All!
I had some spare time today so I decided to feature some of the purples in my collection.In the first pictures I couldn't decide which colours I wanted to swatch,so I did them all.I guess you could call it an unintentional comparison swatch (yay for being indecisive!).

Here are the colours from index to pinky, Essie in Sexy Divide,SH Diamond Strength in Vixen,L'Oreal Jet-Set in Nightlife, and SH New Lengths in Doomed (love that name!)


In natural light the first three look very similar but the slight differences are still apparent.Doomed is in a class of it's own because while it is a purple shimmer like the rest,it's a more vampy version. Yeesh!I'm glad my high school English teacher won't be reading this.Grammar much? Next!


You can see the differences even better with the flash.Sexy Divide is probably the closest to a true purple,Vixen is more of a reddish purple,and Nightlife has the most shimmer.Wow,my descriptions are soo riveting ;)







Yeah,I don't have anything else to say about these.They're all pretty.Moving on.


I chose China Glaze's Flying Dragon as my "Purple of the Day!" (ok that was lame) I really like this colour.It's sparkly and pretty,but I was not expecting it to dry matte (or is it opaque-again,I get the two confused) and the glitter doesn't show up as well as I thought it would,even with a shiny topcoat.I love the purple but I would have preferred more sparkle.


basecoat NailTek Foundation 1,Topcoat Seche Vite (love it!) 3 coats of polish














And that's the end of my Crazy About Purple post.I count the book Princess Prunella and the Purple Peanut by Margaret Atwood as my inspiration.Thanks for reading!

Take Care,

Pinkginger










2 comments:

  1. Nice comparison. I always find it interesting. To see the subtle differences between the shades of any color. I'm glad you had some extra time...lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Velvet-lol! boredom does strange things!It's so funny how two colours can look identical in the bottle but when you see them on you notice all the differences.I thought they were all the same until I did this.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I read every comment but I'm not always able to respond to them. I hope you don't mind. Also, don't link-spam. I delete link-spam.
Best Regards, Ginger

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails