Monday, August 17, 2009

Complimentary Colour Manicure

Hello All!

I had some free time on my hands so I decided to try something different. I'm pretty much a failure at nail-art,but I'm pretty good at french manicures. I got the idea for these from my art college days.

*Permission To Sound Like An Art School Nerd*


I call this the complimentary colour French manicure!

What on earth am I talking about? Well,I'll tell you!

Complimentary colours are opposite each other on the colour wheel (click here for a more in depth explanation).

These are the colours I used:


Index-blue(CG Eyes Like Sapphires) + orange (Diana Pumpkin Pie)
Middle-purple(Essie Sexy Divide)+yellow(OPI Curry Up Don't Be Late)
Ring-green(CG Emerald Sparkle)+red (CG Ruby Pumps)
Pinky-light pink(Revlon Strawberry Sizzle)+ dark pink (SH Lacquer Gleaming)


Each primary colour, (a colour that doesn't need to be mixed with another colour to be created-i.e. red,blue and yellow) is matched with a secondary colour,(a colour that is the result of the mixing between two primary colours-i.e.green,purple and orange). I didn't have any yellow nailpolish so I used gold instead.


Take a look,




The colours on the pinky are an example of analogous colours-ones that are close together on the colour wheel.
Pretty Cool 'Eh?
Colour Theory can be applied to many different aspects of life,(particulary in visual art and design fields).Oddly enough,it's one of the few things from art school that I remember everything about.Like I said,I'm peculiar :P

*Nerdy Art School Stuff Ends Here*
See? this is the result of me having too much time to think.Overall,I think all of them if tried individually would look really good as a French manicure. I wish I could make it sound more interesting,but it's pretty difficult seeing as how I originally learned about this in school.Talk about boring.
Until Next Time
Pinkginger-who is surprised that I remember all this stuff because I spent a good chunk of that class sleeping ;)

3 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading that! That's a very informative set of nails you have :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like all of your Frenchie's. Very pretty. Theory is always boring. Practicing your art if the interesting part.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary-Thank you! I'm finally putting that year in University to good use :)

    Lucy-Thank you! I agree! It was painful listening to all the lectures,I was thinking "When do we get to paint?" the entire time!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I read every comment but I'm not always able to respond to them. I hope you don't mind. Also, don't link-spam. I delete link-spam.
Best Regards, Ginger

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails