Saturday, August 22, 2009

Colour Duel:China Glaze For Audrey vs. QRS Jamaican Dream

Funny Interesting story:When I first ordered my Quirius polishes I was trying to choose between Belmont Garden and Jamaican Dream.I finally went with Belmont Garden because I didn't have that shade of green in my collection.I was still second-guessing my decision when my package arrived a few weeks later.Inside the box were the 6 I originally ordered,plus 1 free gift-Jamaican Dream! Needless to say,I screamed like a little girl when I saw it. I ordered For Audrey by China Glaze in my first big polish haul.For some reason I haven't worn it until now,(story of my nailpolish life!)


I couldn't help but notice the similarities between Jamaican Dream and For Audrey.I decided to do a colour duel to see which one would win in a head to head battle,(me and my crazy ideas!)








in direct sunlight: Top is Jamaican Dream


bottom is For Audrey








In the shade











Indoors with flash (and Tiffany Box!)





A quick ,oh who am i kidding ;) word about the Tiffany box.It used to hold a pin that I got as a gift from the company I work for.It's gorgeous,but it has the company name and logo on it so I can't wear it any place but work.This year I either get a bracelet or a necklace because I've been with the company for 10 years.I love my job :)


OK ,back to nails,










They aren't as similar as I thought they were.Jamaican Dream has a greener tinge to it,and For Audrey is more blue. In direct sunlight Jamaican Dream has a slight advantage because it has more pizazz, but when I did the Tiffany box comparison,For Audrey won out because it was a closer match.The tie breaker is how each colour looks in the shade.Again,both colours look stunning.Jamaican Dream is minty fresh and For Audrey is a serene light turquoise.So who wins? the more popular and bluish For Audrey? of the lesser known but equally as pretty Jamaican Dream?



According to my calculations personal preference-the winner of this duel is....Jamaican Dream! For Audrey has many merits,but at the end of the day,the greener tone of Jamaican Dream gave it the advantage in two out of the three tests.










Which one is your favourite?
















Until Next Time,




Pinkginger -who is very dangerous when given too much time to think ;)


5 comments:

  1. Hahaha, boy do I love your posts - especially the cross outs!
    I think I ordered Jamaican Dream? I hope I did, because I love it on you. I know I ordered that minty one you featured! Maybe if I'm lucky they will toss that one in for me, if I accidentally skipped it. *fingers crossed* I do love For Audrey though. It's a tough contest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Skye-Aww! Thanks :)

    Nicole-Thank you!I always forget what I order until it shows up at my door :P Hopefully you did order Jamaican Dream because it would look awesome on you:) and For Audrey is one of my favourites, so it was really hard to choose between them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a tough one. I'll go with For Audrey. I don't have any of the other brand. Maybe in the future. I have so much and so many untrieds. I'm enjoying your blog and writing style. I too love your cross outs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Lucy :) I'm glad you all enjoy my posts!I too have a bunch of untrieds.When my mom saw my collection recently she said "stop buying nailpolish!" If only I could mother ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I read every comment but I'm not always able to respond to them. I hope you don't mind. Also, don't link-spam. I delete link-spam.
Best Regards, Ginger

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails